Adobe Experience Platform is an open system that transforms all your data —Adobe and non-Adobe — into robust customer profiles that update in real time and uses AI-driven insights to help you to deliver the right experiences across every channel. Under the hood it uses Apache Airflow to power the scheduler and execution engine and Apache Kafka to connect solutions.
Some definitions for those new to Airflow and Kafka:
- Airflow is a platform to programmatically author, schedule and monitor workflows.
- Kafka is an event streaming platform for high-performance data pipelines & integration, streaming analytics, and mission-critical applications.
Why is this important for the Experience Manager community?
Businesses want to provide the best customer experience possible, and to do that, they want to provide personalized experiences and content that connects their products and customers together like never before.
Perhaps you won't be working directly with Experience Platform systems, but your clients and their businesses are most likely already using AEP or want to. And more importantly, they want the insights provided by this data and AI/ML insights.
The most relevant features of the Experience Platform for those focused in the Experience Manager space will likely be via data collection through Adobe Analytics and personalization with Adobe Target & Launch. One of the Experience Platform's key selling points is about it's ability for high-throughput and real-time data crunching to connect the right content or offer to the customer. Additionally, for the developers in the audience, there's a lot of discussion of scaling Azure and Kubernetes that might be of interest.
- Adobe Experience Platform Orchestration Service with Apache Airflow
- Adobe Experience Platform’s Setup for Apache Airflow on Kubernetes
- Adobe Experience Platform Insights on Achieving High Scale Using Apache Airflow
- Adobe Experience Platform Pipeline Cost Management: A Case Study
- Rate Limiting in Pipeline: High Quality of Service at Millions of Requests/Second
- Adopting Modern CI/CD Practices for Adobe Experience Platform Pipeline
- How Adobe Experience Platform Pipeline Became the Cornerstone of In-Flight Processing for Adobe
- Creating the Adobe Experience Platform Pipeline with Kafka
- Apache Kafka: The Definitive Guide - Free eBook
- Adobe Experience Platform Meetups
AEM News Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.
Sign in or become a AEM News member to join the conversation.
Just enter your email below to get a log in link.